List:       pykde
Subject:    Re: [PyQt] SIP does not like "&&foo" rvalue-references.
From:       Phil Thompson <phil () riverbankcomputing ! com>
Date:       2017-06-23 7:50:32

On 22 Jun 2017, at 6:03 pm, Shaheed Haque <srhaque@theiet.org> wrote:

> Hi Phil,
>
> SIP 4.19.3.dev1706161918 does not seem to like rvalue-references [1]. Thus:
>
> Command(Akonadi::Protocol::Command &&other);
>
> results in a syntax error due to the "&&".
>
> Thanks, Shaheed
>
> [1] For the ignorant like me, this was a good place to start:
> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/5481539/what-does-t-double-ampersand-mean-in-c11.
>  Though I confess I'm not yet sure I get it...

I'll add it to the TODO list.

However it seems that the most common use case is optimisation and if there is a \
method like the above then there is probably also a conventional copy ctor. If so \
then you can't have both as they would have the same Python signature. In which case \
just ignore the above.

Phil