List:       pykde
Subject:    [PyQt] Ambient texture map
From:       Paul <pyqt () paulkoppen ! com>
Date:       2017-01-23 22:09:35

Hello,

I have an object in .obj format with a .mtl which defines an ambient
texture map using map_Ka. Could it be that Qt3D does not support ambient
texture maps?

My Python code looks something like this:

#-----
app  = QGuiApplication([])
view = Qt3DWindow()
sceneRoot = QEntity()

# Scene camera.
basicCamera = view.camera()
basicCamera.set...

# Load scene.
scl = QSceneLoader(sceneRoot)
scl.setSource(QUrl.fromLocalFile('10097.obj'))
sceneRoot.addComponent(scl)

view.setRootEntity(sceneRoot)
view.show()

app.exec()
#-----

But the object renders near black (screenshot attached). Only texture
seems to come from diffuse light (with a default light set up
somewhere?). I am looking for a way to see the mesh without light in the
scene.

I found this page listing all sorts of materials
(https://doc-snapshots.qt.io/qt5-5.6/qt3drender-qmaterial.html) but
ambient is always QColor rather than QAbstractTextureProvider.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Paul

["pyqt-qt3d-render-black.png" (image/png)]