List:       pykde
Subject:    [PyQt] Request for Feedback on pyqtdeploy Android Support
From:       Phil Thompson <phil () riverbankcomputing ! com>
Date:       2016-05-28 17:34:13

A common problem with using pyqtdeploycli to build a static version of Python for \
Android is getting the configuration correct. The C library that Android uses \
(bionic) is (historically at least) incomplete, buggy and poorly documented - all of \
which varies from version to version.

The current repo version of pyqtdeploy (which will soon become v1.3) can now handle \
different API levels so it is possible to fine tune the configuration.

So, can people who have had to make manual adjustments to the pyconfig.h file \
generated by pyqtdeploycli let me know...

What value had to be changed?

Was the change to get it to compile, or to avoid a crash at runtime?

What API level were you using?

I'm also interested generally in what API levels are being used - there's no point in \
supporting old versions that nobody is using.

Thanks,
Phil