List:       pykde
Subject:    Re: [PyQt] Missing pyqtconfig
From:       Phil Thompson <phil () riverbankcomputing ! com>
Date:       2016-04-22 9:02:03

On 22 Apr 2016, at 9:34 am, Stewart McLay <stewart.mclay@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am using Arch Linux but it does not seem to have pyqtconfig installed for PyQt4 \
> or PyQt5. I read in the documentation (see \
> http://pyqt.sourceforge.net/Docs/PyQt4/build_system.html#module-PyQt4.pyqtconfig)...
>
> "Deprecated since version 4.10.
>
> The old PyQt4 build system is an extension of the SIP v4 build system and is \
> implemented by the pyqtconfig module. It can be used by configuration scripts of \
> other bindings that build on top of PyQt4 and takes care of the details of the Qt \
> installation. Note that the pyqtconfig module is only created if you use \
> configure.py and not if you use configure-ng.py."
> This is confusing. It would appear that pyqtconfig is deprecated but the new build \
> system is not in place yet. Is this correct?

The only information that needs to be extracted from the PyQt configuration are \
certain flags passed to sip. These can be found as described in the PyQt4 and PyQt5 \
docs.

The QScintilla configure.py can be used as a basis for any other configure.py - it's \
internal API is configurable and documented.

Phil