List:       pykde
Subject:    [PyQt] pyqtdeploy build can't find modules
From:       David Beck <dbeck () ualberta ! ca>
Date:       2016-02-27 17:14:20

I'm (still) trying to build an app using PyQtDeploy (working on an iMac running OSX \
10.11, latest XCode and CLT installed, Python 3.5, Qt5.5.1, SIP 4.17, PyQy5.5, \
PyqtDepoy installed using pip). The application source consists of a set of .py files \
and two modules that contain the UIs for the various windows and dialogs. The \
directory structure looks like this:

ELFB/
	eFieldBook.py (main)
	[other .py files]
	ui/
		__init__.py
		[files for the main window UI]
	palettes/
		__init__.py
		[etc]

When try to build this in the PyQtDeploy GUI, I get the following faliure:

make succeeded.
Running eFieldbook...
Running '/Users/David/OpenSource/PyQtDeploy/sysroot-macosx/build/eFieldbook.app/Contents/MacOS/eFieldbook'
 /Users/David/OpenSource/PyQtDeploy/sysroot-macosx/build/eFieldbook.app/Contents/MacOS/eFieldbook \
failed. Traceback (most recent call last):
File "eFieldBook.py", line 2, in <module>
File "bootstrap.py", line 969, in _find_and_load
File "bootstrap.py", line 944, in _find_and_load_unlocked
File "bootstrap.py", line 222, in _call_with_frames_removed
File "bootstrap.py", line 969, in _find_and_load
File "bootstrap.py", line 956, in _find_and_load_unlocked
ImportError: No module named ‘ui'

I have the module "ui" and its contents checked off in the Application Package \
Directory window on the Application Source tab, and I see the corresponding .pyo \
files in the /build/resources/eFieldBook_Qt5/ui folder. Is there something else I \
need to do to make the ui module visible to the app? (Adding the module directories \
to the sys.path field on the "Application Sources" tab didn't help.)

David