List:       pykde
Subject:    [PyQt] Simple Window Problem.
From:       Felix Bearden <felix-biz () felixlovesliz ! com>
Date:       2015-03-21 18:04:50

Possibly a NewBe problem -- In converting an application from a Fedora
20 based system to a Raspberry PI I have encountered a problem with the
"main" window size.

The window opens taking the full size of the screen even though I set it
up to use a smaller size on the PI. Additionally, the top line of the
window is missing. I have found no way, that works, to reduce the size
of the screen.  I put together a smaller version of the program to
illustrate the problem and have included the necessary files and am
hopeful someone can point me to a solution.

OS: Rasbian
QtCreator: 2.5.0
Python: 2.7.3
PyQt-gpl-5.4.1
Qt: 5.2.0

Thanks in advance for considering the problem.

Felix

["mainwindow.py" (text/x-python)]

# -*- coding: utf-8 -*-

# Form implementation generated from reading ui file 'mainwindow.ui'
#
# Created by: PyQt5 UI code generator 5.4.1
#
# WARNING! All changes made in this file will be lost!

from PyQt5 import QtCore, QtGui, QtWidgets

class Ui_MainWindow(object):
    def setupUi(self, MainWindow):
        MainWindow.setObjectName("MainWindow")
        MainWindow.resize(400, 300)
        self.centralWidget = QtWidgets.QWidget(MainWindow)
        self.centralWidget.setObjectName("centralWidget")
        MainWindow.setCentralWidget(self.centralWidget)
        self.menuBar = QtWidgets.QMenuBar(MainWindow)
        self.menuBar.setGeometry(QtCore.QRect(0, 0, 400, 22))
        self.menuBar.setObjectName("menuBar")
        self.menuFile = QtWidgets.QMenu(self.menuBar)
        self.menuFile.setObjectName("menuFile")
        MainWindow.setMenuBar(self.menuBar)
        self.mainToolBar = QtWidgets.QToolBar(MainWindow)
        self.mainToolBar.setObjectName("mainToolBar")
        MainWindow.addToolBar(QtCore.Qt.TopToolBarArea, self.mainToolBar)
        self.statusBar = QtWidgets.QStatusBar(MainWindow)
        self.statusBar.setObjectName("statusBar")
        MainWindow.setStatusBar(self.statusBar)
        self.actionExit = QtWidgets.QAction(MainWindow)
        self.actionExit.setObjectName("actionExit")
        self.menuFile.addSeparator()
        self.menuFile.addAction(self.actionExit)
        self.menuBar.addAction(self.menuFile.menuAction())

        self.retranslateUi(MainWindow)
        QtCore.QMetaObject.connectSlotsByName(MainWindow)

    def retranslateUi(self, MainWindow):
        _translate = QtCore.QCoreApplication.translate
        MainWindow.setWindowTitle(_translate("MainWindow", "MainWindow"))
        self.menuFile.setTitle(_translate("MainWindow", "File"))
        self.actionExit.setText(_translate("MainWindow", "Exit"))

["simplewindow.py" (text/x-python)]

#!/usr/bin/env python
# -*- coding: utf-8 -*-

import sys
from PyQt5 import QtWidgets, QtCore, QtGui

from mainwindow import Ui_MainWindow

class Editor(QtWidgets.QMainWindow):
    def __init__(self):
        super(Editor, self).__init__()
        self.ui=Ui_MainWindow()
        self.ui.setupUi(self)

        self.show()

        """
        Menu Connections
        """

        self.ui.actionExit.triggered.connect(self.doactionexit)
        """
        self.ui.actionOpen.triggered.connect(self.openFile)
        self.ui.actionNew.triggered.connect(self.newFile)
        self.ui.actionClose.triggered.connect(self.closeFile)
        """

        """
        Pushbuttons
        """
    """
    Actions
    """
    def doactionexit(self):
        sys.exit()

def main():
    import pylab
    from math import pi
    app = QtWidgets.QApplication(sys.argv)
    ex = Editor()

    sys.exit(app.exec_())

if __name__ == '__main__':
    main()

["mainwindow.ui" (application/x-designer)]