List:       pykde
Subject:    Re: [PyQt] How to get Qt signals delivered to a pure python thread.
From:       Ilya Kulakov <kulakov.ilya () gmail ! com>
Date:       2015-01-08 8:00:36

Thank you for all your response!

So you're saying that DirectConnect is perfectly safe when connecting from a thread \
without qeventloop?

More Qt question rather than pyqt, but is it possible to control run time of an event \
loop? According to docs, there is just a blocking exec function and it's not possible \
to run qeventloop for N seconds  (as e.g. Cocoa's CFRunLoop).

Another approach that I tried is to have a proxy qobject that is moved to the main \
thread just after creation and then uses simple python callbacks to invoke methods of \
my other-thread object. Is it better than DirectConnect?

Sent from my iPhone