List:       pykde
Subject:    [PyQt] PyQt5 roadmap-guesstimate?
From:       Sebastian Sauer <mail () dipe ! org>
Date:       2013-01-07 11:05:48

Hi,

reading the backlogs and all I was able to find related to support for
PyQt@Qt5 its great to see that PyQt4 does support Qt5 already. Fantastic
work as usual Phil!

My question is direct related to PyQt5, so not PyQt4. I read that the
plan is to replace QString/QVariant with Python objects but beside that
there are not much informations around related to PyQt5.

So, is there any guesstimate or maybe even a roadmap when we can expect
to see PyQt5? Also I wonder if now that PyQt4 does proper support Qt4
and Qt5 has PyQt5 any priority? Is it supposed to replace PyQt4 let's
say next n years or will PyQt4 live on during Qt5 lifetime (I think yes,
but cannot harm to ask I think :) ).

Thanks in advance and keep up the great work!