List:       pykde
Subject:    [PyQt] Incompatibility between PyQt compiled with Qt 4.7 and 4.8
From:       Scott Kitterman <debian () kitterman ! com>
Date:       2012-01-28 17:13:41

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

We've run into an issue in Ubuntu where we had Sip4 4.13.1and PyQt 4.9 built
against Qt 4.7.4.  PyKDE4 4.8.0 was built using this set of packages.  All was
working well.

We rebuilt PyQt 4.9 against Qt 4.8.0 due to some packaging updates and had
problems.  The primary Ubuntu bug is:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/pykde4/+bug/922721

Rebuilding PyKDE4 with the newer PyQt package resolved the immediate issue,
but leaves open the question of what caused the incompatiblity and what other
packages might be affected.

python -c "import PyKDE4.kdecore was enough to replicate the problem.

Suggestions?

Scott K