List:       pykde
Subject:    [PyQt] Qt keystroke input and OS X keystroke apps
From:       David Cortesi <davecortesi () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-11-19 17:01:27

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

I've posted this at the Qt developer forum with no response,
(http://developer.qt.nokia.com/forums/viewthread/11749/),
hopefully someone here has a thought: my PyQt4 app under
OS X 10.6 does not respond properly to keystroke input
generated by the popular apps PopChar and Typinator.
(PopChar is an especially handy way of entering Unicode
characters; Typinator is a keyboard macro processor; both
work with most apps even X-windows ones.)

When Popchar is used to input a character the only thing
that shows up in a PyQt input widget is a lowercase a.
Per Ergonis software, they are using a Quartz
event, CGEventKeyboardGetUnicodeString, which it seems
Qt is not recognizing or mishandling.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks,

Dave Cortesi