List:       pykde
Subject:    Re: [PyQt] PyQt v4.8.3 won't build with Python v3
From:       Xavion <xavion.0 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-01-24 22:59:20

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Yes, I'm sorry about that.  So that we don't look like complete fools, I'll
provide you with a brief explanation.

Our "python2-sip" (Python v2) and "python-sip" (Python v3) packages have
conflicting files.  We decided to use the ones from "python2-sip" and then
force "python-sip" to depend on it.  The same goes for "python2-qt" and
"python-qt".

We had a discussion about this approach a few days ago
here<https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/22391>.
Let me know if you can see a better solution to this dilemma.

Our method seems to work fine, provided that we also remember to install the
newly built "python2-sip" (Python v2) package before attempting to build the
new "python-qt" (Python v3) package.  Unfortunately, we only remembered to
build and install the "python-sip" package before turning our attention to
"python-qt" earlier.