List:       pykde
Subject:    Re: [PyQt] Qt designer causes OS crash
From:       "Dan Halbert" <halbert () halwitz ! org>
Date:       2010-09-24 15:42:55

On Friday, September 24, 2010 11:35am, "Gavin Poludniowski" \
<Gavin.Poludniowski@icr.ac.uk> said:

> ...Now, when I try to drag a widget from one position in my Dialog
> to another, not only does QT designer crash, but it causes my whole OS to crash
> (as if I'd had a powercut) and restart.

> My OS is Windows XP SP3 32-bit. The only recent changes to my PC are that IT at
> work have installed MS Office 2007 and I have recently set my desktop up with two
> rather than one monitor.

Quite frankly, this sounds to me like a display driver bug. If you take away the \
second monitor, does this still happen? See if you can update your video drivers. You \
might look in Windows Update in the "Optional" section, or find out the manufacturer \
and download new drivers.

Dan