List:       pykde
Subject:    Re: [PyQt] Re: PyQt without X11
From:       arnau <tokland () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-07-30 9:04:50

Alberto Berti wrote:

> maybe you can try with xvfb, which is a fake xserver.

Thanks for the suggestion. Not the perfect solution, but this worked for me:

$ apt-get install xvfb
$ xvfb-run python myscript.py

I re-set GUIEnabled to True again, otherwise I still got a segmentation fault.
Truth is I'd wished I could have run the script without X11 since QWebPage opens
no windows (maybe it uses x11 internally, though).

thanks,
arnau