List:       pykde
Subject:    Re: [PyQt] Troubleshooting when unable to get SIP type definition
From:       Arve Knudsen <arve.knudsen () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-07-29 15:24:59

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 5:16 PM, Phil Thompson
<phil@riverbankcomputing.com>wrote:

> On Wed, 29 Jul 2009 17:11:41 +0200, Arve Knudsen <arve.knudsen@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Phil, can you please confirm whether you will implement any such
> debugging
> > aids in the SIP API (I take it there is nothing at the moment)? I could
> > really use some introspection abilities into SIP when things don't work
> as
> > expected, as happens from time to time. This should save me a lot of
> > frustration ..
>
> I have no plans to unless you can give me some specific requirements that I
> consider reasonable. "Some introspection abilities" is too vague.

OK. I'm being vague because I don't understand this aspect of SIP very well,
from my perspective some magic simply fails to produce the expected result
(i.e., it doesn't find a type definition). If I knew more about the process
which actually fails, I could also have more of an idea of how to observe
this from the outside. I'll see if I can understand more from the SIP
source, and then propose something concrete.

Thanks,
Arve