List:       pykde
Subject:    Re: [PyQt] sipConvertToInstance failing after sipCanConvertToInstance
From:       "Diez B. Roggisch" <deets () web ! de>
Date:       2009-07-22 20:26:14

> I missed your call to sipFindClass().
>
> It's almost certainly a bug in your handwritten code somewhere - not
> necessarily in the code above.

ok, I'm feeling stupid now. But after building sip with debug enabled,
and stepping into the conversion-call, I found that the problem was that
the error-variable I passed was *uninitialized*. There are reasons why I
don't like c++ anymore...

You mention this behavior in the docs - but maybe an additional warning
for idiots like me would be in order :)

Diez