List:       pykde
Subject:    [PyQt] Managing layouts with QTabWidget and QScrollArea
From:       "=?UTF-8?Q?Filip_Gruszczy=C5=84ski?=" <gruszczy () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-11-20 21:35:52

Hello,

I have create QMainWindow with QTabWidget as a central widget. Inside
the QTabWidget there are widgets with QScrollAreas. QScrollArea
receive dynamically created widget and I expect it to resize, but it
keeps size 200, 100 - that's hardly what I want, since the inside
widget requires full screen ;-) I tried to subclassing sizeHint and
return both QScrollArea's and internal widget's size, but nothing
helps. I have to explicitly resize parent widget. I also call
updateGeometry (with parent widget properly set), but it also doesn't
help. I read Layout Classes from Qt documentation, but beside
sizeHints and updateGeometry I found nothing, that seems to help.
What's worse, I am using QLayout in the child widget (the one with
scroll area - this area is kep in a widget, thanks to this it fills it
whole), but it doesn't help.

Could you give me some advice?

--
Filip GruszczyƄski