List:       pykde
Subject:    [PyQt] speed problem
From:       Linos <info () linos ! es>
Date:       2008-02-26 17:15:37

Hello,
     i have created one pyqt app we are using in my company, it is warehouse \
application, any fast workers seems to be faster that application because of fast bar \
code scanners, they are introducing items in a QTableView with an internal \
QAbstractTableModel subclass and using QItemDelegate, i am using a python class to \
store the columns in QVariant, every line it is a python object of this class, i have \
made many profiling and fix all the bottlenecks, when they read too fast it is like \
the return keypress after read the bar code doesnt works, i can see in the lineedit \
of the cell many ean13 codes toguether and it fails to load because it doesnt exist. \
To me it seems like a qt problem because it doesnt close the editor when receive a \
return keypressevent and read the next code in the same editor, i have been to get 4 \
ean13 in the same lineEdit if i try very fast, the machine where i am using the \
application is a pentium4 1.8 so it should be sufficient to use the app correctly, \
the cpu usage goes on 40% to python, 20% to Xorg, i have tried with psyco and timing \
the load item/create new line python code it is 1.3 times faster than before but i \
have the same problem with the editor, anyone has any idea how i can fix this? other \
question can i develop a model to the tableview or create gui code in c++ and use it \
from the pyQt application?

Regards,
Miguel Angel.