List:       pykde
Subject:    Re: [PyKDE] PyQt4 random crashes under windows.
From:       "V. Armando Sole" <sole () esrf ! fr>
Date:       2007-01-23 13:27:32

At 10:30 23/01/2007 +0100, Giovanni Bajo wrote:
>On 23/01/2007 9.14, V. Armando Sole wrote:
>
>>>With that patch installed, the whole PyQt+Qt block should use *only*
>>>msvcr71.dll (you can verify it by inspecting the dependencies of the
>>>generated dynamic libraries). If that's the case, it surely means that
>>>this is *not* the problem causing a random crash.
>>If I run depends on almost any library I find dependences on msvcrt.dll
>>thru other libraries. For instance, for QtCore4.dll I get dependences on
>>msvcrt.dll thru ADVAPI32.DLL and WS2_32.DLL
>
>That does not matter of course. Otherwise, you should recompile Windows to
>be able to use VS2003 on your project, and I heard that's pretty hard to
>do :) What you want to check is whether your Python extensions *directly*
>depend on MSVCRT.DLL, instead of MSVCRT71.DLL.

Thanks for the info. I did not know how to read the tree and I got shocked
when I saw that _beginthread and friends were called from both runtime
libraries.

In order to minimize the sources of error I have downgraded to python 2.3
and compiled all my extensions with MinGW. At least in that way I have got
one of the random crashes reproducible and have been able to fix it (four
characters missing in one line of an xpm pixmap).

Thanks again,

Armando