Hello, I'm trying to migrate a small database application originally written in Delphi 6.0 to Python. It's for my own use, so it needs a GUI only for some parts. For these parts I'd like to use PyQt, but at the moment I don't really see my way. The first problem I'm trying to solve: The main window contains a QTableView and some controls. At the start it should be big enough to show all the data in the view (6-9 rows, 6 columns). I can call mainwindow.resize(x, y), but I'd prefer to resize the viewport, if possible depending on the current row count. Calling tableview.resize(x, y) doesn't help, that still gives a window that only shows part of the table. What's the right method to use? Second problem: The QTableView shouldn't be editable. Double clicking on a record should call a dialog window showing this record, and in this window some of the fields should be editable. But as far as I can see in the docs, edit-ability is a property of the model, not of the view. Anyway, I don't know how to connect a model with controls not inheriting one of the view classes. On the other hand, I don't think I really plan something so very unusual. And, finally: If possible I would prefer not to use the Qt database plugins, but to keep using the Python database module. Or is that a very bad idea? The database is Firebird 1.5.3, OS and distribution Ubuntu 6.10 (with Gnome as the desktop, but the necessary libraries for PyQt are installed), database module kinterbasdb 3.2. Everything local on the same machine. I've tried and failed to find helpful examples in the documentation, but of course I may simply have missed them. Thank you for all hints, Sibylle _______________________________________________ PyKDE mailing list PyKDE@mats.imk.fraunhofer.de http://mats.imk.fraunhofer.de/mailman/listinfo/pykde