List:       pykde
Subject:    [PyKDE] Strange observation with latest PyQt4 snapshot
From:       Detlev Offenbach <detlev () die-offenbachs ! de>
Date:       2006-11-04 15:58:22

Hi,

using the latest PyQt4 snapshot with Qt 4.2.0 I observed some problems with
translations. Throughout the eric4 code I use constructs like self.trUtf8
("some string") to make display strings translatable. Having done the
translation and loading it I observed, that strings defined in methods of a
superclass are not shown translated. All strings of the derived class are
shown translated.

Can anybody give me a hint, what is going wrong here?

Detlev
--
Detlev Offenbach
detlev@die-offenbachs.de