After working on this for a little while I've decided that I will not support QtDBus in PyQt. Reasons are... - A standard set DBus Python bindings already exist. These are still in active development but the current maintainer seems to be doing a good job, both in terms of backwards compatibility and ensuring they are Pythonic. - QtDBus is more difficult to wrap than the rest of Qt because of it's use of templates and its own type system. Not impossible to wrap - but there would be a list of "things to be aware of" and "differences between Qt and PyQt". - The extra work required would delay the release of PyQt v4.1. - As QtDBus is new to most people there isn't a large body of C++ experience and code that could be ported to Python. I'm happy to reconsider this in the unlikely event that the standard Python bindings prove inadequate. Phil _______________________________________________ PyKDE mailing list PyKDE@mats.imk.fraunhofer.de http://mats.imk.fraunhofer.de/mailman/listinfo/pykde