List:       pykde
Subject:    [PyKDE] Conceptual issue: How to talk to a "running"
From:       Johannes Graumann <johannes_graumann () web ! de>
Date:       2006-10-11 7:15:34

Hello,

As you may have notices, I'm really new to this and am perpetually confused ... my \
current confusion orbits around the following question: imagine a class that looks \
something like this:

class App(QtGui.QApplication):
    def __init__(self,args):
      QtGui.QApplication.__init__(self, args)
      self.maindialog = uic.loadUi("App.ui")
      self._connectSlots()
      self.maindialog.show()
      self.exec_()

and is being initialized like so:

if __name__=="__main__":
  App = App(sys.argv)

<naive question>So how do you proceed with your program flow?</naive question> As I \
found out, any code below the initialization is only executeted after you quit the \
shown gui ... I had expected that one initializes the gui and is than able to \
'connect' to it and modify the widgets as the program goes along ...

Please enlighten me! Pointers to the right documentation are HIGHLy appreciated ... I \
don't seem to use the right search terms ...

Thanks, Joh