On 27.08.06 13:32:34, basse wrote: > anyway, I decided to try .. basic functionality I was able to add with > QStandardItemModel() as model, but it's not quite enough. > what about sorting? model seems to have sort() function, but nothing happens > when I use that. You don't need to. > also, I couldn't find sortingEnabled() function anywhere, so > that my table could be sorted by clicking header.. ? With a QTableView you need to disconnect the horizontalHeader's signal "sectionPressed" from the selectColumn slot of the view and reconnect the signal to sortByColumn. In C++ this looks like this: disconnect(horizontalHeader(), SIGNAL(sectionPressed(int)), this, SLOT(selectColumn(int))); connect(horizontalHeader(), SIGNAL(sectionPressed(int)), this, SLOT(sortByColumn(int))); horizontalHeader()->setSortIndicatorShown(true); > i looked into QProxyModel() as model, but it just got more and more complex.. > looks like QProxyModel() can have another model assigned with setModel but.. > uh, I just don't have enough experience on these views and models.. > documentation seems to be mostly C api like, and I don't read C that well.. You better take QSortFilterProxyModel, together with the above you do something like: create your model create proxy set source model of proxy create view set view's model to proxy enable sorting as above. > anyone willing to help me out? > or point me to a nice example, or a doc.. ? PyQt4 comes with a whole bunch of examples for the itemview's. And also the Qt4 documentation has a separate section on the views, explaining all the concepts and how everything works together. Andreas -- Your present plans will be successful. _______________________________________________ PyKDE mailing list PyKDE@mats.imk.fraunhofer.de http://mats.imk.fraunhofer.de/mailman/listinfo/pykde