List:       pykde
Subject:    Re: [PyKDE] QString in PyQt4 - Request for Comments
From:       James Emerton <ephelon () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-10-21 21:55:05

> Maybe I wasn't clear. What I was proposing was *not* to create a full Qt
> wrapper, but to introduce *helpers* to manage normal Qt objects in a more
> Python way. If you look into the examples I wrote down yesterday, you'll see
> it's mostly about creating or accessing Qt objects in more pythonic way, not
> wrapping each and every object and each and every method.

Which is essentially what I had in mind, wrt to the handling of things
like properties, layouts, and keyword based object initialisation.
Essentially everything except return types.

I don't know how one would convert all the return types from Qt to
their Python equivalent, without wrapping every method?

James