List:       pykde
Subject:    [PyKDE] Use of enum in a namespace with SIP
From:       "Claus, Richard" <claus () slac ! stanford ! edu>
Date:       2005-05-03 21:34:59

Hello,

  The following sip code does not produce compilable code with sip 4.2 (4.2rc2-289, \
Windows XP SP2).

%Module MyTest

namespace MyNamespace {

enum MyEnum {a, b, c, d};

};

The generated sipMyTestMyNamespace.cpp code contains references to MyNamespace::a, \
etc., where the namespace MyNamespace is undefined.  I can't seem to figure out how \
to get a "#include" directive to appear in the generated code that would define the \
namespace.

Secondly, I can't seem to provide a reference to the enum's members as defined in \
some C++ code.  Any %<xxx>Code directive produces a "syntax error" message.

Can anyone shed some light on this, or am I obliged to move the enum into a class \
definition?

	Thanks,
		Ric