On Thursday 28 April 2005 05:31, Matej Cepl wrote: > Jim Bublitz wrote: > > It's a PyQt app - if it were a PyKDE app it would probably load even > > slower :( > > Yeah, that's correct. :-) > > > Short of doing something like preloading the dialog (and perhaps keeping > > it hidden) I don't think coding is going to speed up the load time very > > much. > > > > You could look at doing something in Python/Tcl - I'm not sure if that's > > much faster, as I suspect some of the load time is due to Python itself > > starting up and loading modules. > > OK, thanks for this -- it is really helpful. BTW, do you think that kjscmd, > could be better in this regards (as it hopefully is closer to KDE and thus > requires less initiative on the part of kjscmd -- contrary to number of > PyQt/PyKDE which needs to be downloaded -- to make things work)? Qt also has its own variation on JavaScript, which might be worth a try. I've never tried either, so I can't really say if they load faster. Jim _______________________________________________ PyKDE mailing list PyKDE@mats.imk.fraunhofer.de http://mats.imk.fraunhofer.de/mailman/listinfo/pykde