Hi, I'm trying to use a QDataBrowser to browse and manipulate some records. The problem is that I'm not being able to set a new ID before inserting the record and it is overwriting the only record available all the time. My table structure -- this is a PostgreSQL database -- is: symbol -> varchar(9) name -> varchar(30) id -> serial My "primeInsert()" handler is: def dbGetNewUnitsID(self, record): query = QSqlQuery("SELECT NEXTVAL('units_id_seq')") query.execQuery() query.first() record.setValue('id', query.value(0)) It gets invoked correctly, it even executes the query, but it doesn't insert the record as part of the transaction after getting the new ID. Is there something else I should be doing? Is it the correct way to handle this kind of thing to create a new button to get the correct ID and then use the 'Insert' button to make the insertion on the database? Thanks in advance, -- Jorge Godoy _______________________________________________ PyKDE mailing list PyKDE@mats.imk.fraunhofer.de http://mats.imk.fraunhofer.de/mailman/listinfo/pykde