List:       pykde
Subject:    Re: [PyKDE] How to record event and replay it in pyQT
From:       Gerard Vermeulen <gerard.vermeulen () grenoble ! cnrs ! fr>
Date:       2005-04-23 23:50:13

On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 15:46:50 -0700 (PDT)
Liang Tao <ltao03@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi, all,
>
>    I'm a new guy to pyQt. I developped a GUI, to test
> it,
> I want to record all events (click button, for
> example)
> to a log file and then replay that log file.
> Something like this:
>       > myPro -log myLog
>       > myPro -replay myLog
>   Is there any easy way to do this?
>
>    Any suggestion is welcome.

There are zillions of approaches to solve this.

If you are using X Windows try
http://www.gnu.org/software/xnee/www/description.html

If not google for 'gui event replay' or try to find
something in http://www.testingfaqs.org/t-gui.html

It must also be possible to do it entirely in Qt
by capturing the events with an event filter to replay
them later (search the Qt interest list).

Gerard