List:       pykde
Subject:    Re: [review] [PyKDE] Undefined symbol (KDockWindow)
From:       Jim Bublitz <jbublitz () nwinternet ! com>
Date:       2005-04-11 20:22:51

On Monday 11 April 2005 11:19, Nicolas Girard wrote:
> Dear people,
> I'm desperating to make PyKDE work on a recent Mandrakelinux (a.k.a
> Mandriva) Cooker box ; I downloaded the latest snapshot and tried to
> compile it.
>
> Currently I'm stuck with an "undefined symbol" error messages, related to
> _ZTV11KDockWindow ;  "c++filt _ZTV11KDockWindow" says:
>
> "vtable for KDockWindow"
>
> I'm afraid I don't know what to do at that stage...

Delete the entire KDockWindow class. The easiest way is to edit
sip/kdeui/kdeuimod.sip.in (*not* kdeuimod.sip - configure.py generates that
each time), and delete the "%Include kdockwindow.sip".

Similarly, if you run into a method which turns up as a missing symbol, but is
not explicitly defined in the corresponding .sip file, the entire class isn't
exported by the kdelibs (with gcc >= 3.4). If it is explicitly defined, just
comment out the method.

Jim