List:       pykde
Subject:    [PyKDE] Connections with QWidgetFactory
From:       Juan Pablo Romero <jpablo.romero () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-03-23 6:36:19

Hello

I have a designer file that defines my app main window ("principal.ui").

Then using QWidgetFactory the actual window is created:

----------------------
def main(args):
    app=QApplication(args)
    pyimpl = R() # R is derived from QObject
    mainWindow = QWidgetFactory.create("principal.ui", pyimpl)
    pyimpl.setParent(mainWindow)
    mainWindow.show()
    app.connect(app, SIGNAL("lastWindowClosed()"), app, SLOT("quit()"))
    app.exec_loop()

In C++, if you pass a second parameter to QWidgetFactory.create,  qt
automatically creates the conections defined in the ui file, using the
slots of the 2nd parameter.

But in PyQt, no connection is made. żIs this correct?

Thanks in advance

   Juan Pablo