List:       pykde
Subject:    Re:  [PyKDE] code generation error
From:       Jim Bublitz <jbublitz () nwinternet ! com>
Date:       2004-11-22 17:55:53

On Saturday 20 November 2004 21:59, Shuli Hershberg wrote:
> hi,
> i'm trying to install pykde. this is what i get from "python
> configure.py" (see attachment). i even tryed it as root and it still
> gives me the same error.

The problem is most likely that you're compiling against KDE 3.3.1, which as I
noted in an earlier msg I haven't tested PyKDE against yet. Apparently
configure.py isn't treating KDE 3.3.1 as KDE 3.3.0 as it should.

The only thing I can suggest at the moment is to modify kdeversion.h
(in /usr/include/kde in your case) and change the version string to 3.3.0 and
the release number to 0. I haven't tried that, and it assumes KDE hasn't made
any changes going from 3.3.0 to 3.3.1 that will break PyKDE.

Version changes work sometimes, and don't work sometimes.

Jim