List:       pykde
Subject:    [PyKDE] Slow memory leak when paintCell is overridden in
From:       "Tuvi, Selim" <stuvi () slac ! stanford ! edu>
Date:       2004-11-20 2:40:39

Hi, we have a module which displays some statistics in a QListView. We =
wanted to change how the list view looked like so we subclassed the =
QListViewItem and implemented our own paintCell method.

When we override the paintCell method, we observe a slow memory leak. If =
we do not override the paintCell method then the memory leak does not =
occur.

I am attaching a standalone version of the module that you can test.

We are running under Windows XP, PyQt 3.13, SIP 4.1, Qt 3.3.3 and Python =
2.3.4 all compiled with Visual Studio .NET 2003.

The memory leak can be observed under the task manager, Processes tab, =
under the VM Size column.

I haven't verified yet if this is a problem with Qt or PyQt or maybe it =
is my code.

Thanks
-Selim

Selim Tuvi, Research Engineering Group, SLAC
GLAST, I&T Online, MS 98
Tel:650-926-3376 Fax:650-926-4335

["testMonitor.py" (application/octet-stream)]