List:       pykde
Subject:    [PyKDE] Need User Input
From:       Jim Bublitz <jbublitz () nwinternet ! com>
Date:       2004-10-15 18:10:45

Roberto Alsina pointed out to me that some distributions identify themselves
in /etc/*release files. For example, on my system I have /etc/SuSE-release
and /etc/lsb-release files.

Could a few people check and see if other distributions do the same, and which
of the files are present?

Specifically, I need the name of any /etc/*release files on your system, and
if /etc/lsb-release is present, if it includes the name and version of the
distribution being used.

Thanks.

Jim