On 19-Apr-03 Hans-Peter Jansen wrote: > On Saturday 19 April 2003 18:50, Jim Bublitz wrote: >> On 19-Apr-03 Hans-Peter Jansen wrote: >> > today I started to play with qt designer and kde widgets. >> > During this course, I stumbled across some pretty obvious >> > flaws in kdepyuic (besides being white space damaged). >> > While at it, I've applied a KDatePicker ctor mangling in >> > order to satisfy KDE's needs. >> > Attached: >> > kdepyuic.diff >> > kdepyuic-ws.diff (same with my prefered white spacing) >> > kdeform1.ui{.h} (which I played with) >> > Let me know, what do you think about it >> kdepyuic was kind of a hack in the first place, and fell into >> the "works for me but not for anyone else" category, so I >> pulled it from PyKDE-3.5. This has always been kind of an >> afterthought in PyKDE and deserves some more focused attention. >> However if this works, I'll consider putting it back in. Long >> term I'd like a better solution, and anyone interested is >> welcome to provide it if I don't get to it first. > Well, I cannot imagine, how kdepyuic from 3.3.2 worked out of the > box. Apparently I pulled a bad version from somewhere and put it in the distribution. > Looking into the package revealed two versions > (kdepyuic{.py}), from which the damaged one got installed here > and where I based my work on :(. Sorry for not looking deeper > before. > Comparing them showed some print statements were added, which I > added now, too. Here is the corrected full version. > Please check it, and add again to the distribution again. OK - I'll try to get it in the next bug fix release. > While experimenting with KHSSelector, I got stuck, because I have > no idea on how to extract the color with the given coordinates. > Somebody with an idea out there? (kdeform2.ui*) From looking at kcolordialog.cpp, it appears the points on the selector are mapped to the (h. s) values directly: 0->359 in the x/h direction and 0->255 in the y/s direction. If I understand the basic KXYSelector, these are independent of the actual physical dimensions of the selector, the same as a progress bar indicates 0->100% if it's 100 pixels wide or 1000 pixels wide. If you read back xValue() and yValue() (inherited from KXYSelector), you should get the (h. s) values directly - KColorDialog doesn't appear to do any other scaling or transformation with the values. The mouse coordinates would give you the location in two-dimensional physical space, not (h, s) space (although you could scale the mouse coordinates, which appears to be what selectors do). Jim _______________________________________________ PyKDE mailing list PyKDE@mats.gmd.de http://mats.gmd.de/mailman/listinfo/pykde