List:       pykde
Subject:    Re: [PyKDE] segmentation fault
From:       Boudewijn Rempt <bsarempt () rempt ! xs4all ! nl>
Date:       2001-01-13 9:12:15

On Fri, 12 Jan 2001, Carlos Miguel wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm creating a small application for accesing a MySQL database.
> The general layout of my application is a Main Form (which inherits QDialog) which \
> display the list of all records from a particular table, and another form (a \
> "detail" form) which is used to update the actual data (it inherits QDialog too, \
> and when called, its parent is set to the Main Form). Everything seemed to work \
> fine until I finished all the forms for each table in the database, and decided to \
> create a fancy menu/form launcher based also on QDialog.
> The menu is made up of QPushbuttons, each one calling a different dialog, \
> everything seems to work fine, until I try to add or modify a record (which would \
> load up the "detail" form), sometimes python complains about a Type Error while \
> trying to execute QDialog's constructor (sip complains too: sip.call_ctor or \
> something like that), or sometimes it just segfaults.
> I've tried to debug the code, but even when I try to print the objects \
> representation (to see their type), this causes the application to segfault too
>
> I know I'm not being very specific, I was hoping somebody had stepped into a \
> similar problem and offered me some advice.

If you show me the code, maybe I can find out what's
wrong. Anyway, if you want something quick and easy
to edit MySQL tables, take a look at Kura. It's based
on a wrapper around MySQL, with fancy stuff to automatically
generate listviews and record dialogs. You basically define
your datamodel (see kuralib/lngapp.py), add commands
for each table, and you're ready.

http://www.valdyas.org/linguistics/index.html