List:       pykde
Subject:    Re: [PyKDE] PyQt for Qt2?
From:       Marco Bubke <bubke () prinz-atm ! CS ! Uni-Magdeburg ! De>
Date:       1999-10-01 15:18:51

On 01-Oct-99 Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> On Fri, 1 Oct 1999, Marco Bubke wrote:
>> PS have someone PyQt compiled on IRIX? I have much trouble with it. It's
>> very
>> instable. Maybe it's python.
>>

> Wish I had an SGI...

Believe me, I wish I had a Linux PC with a good 3D Card. :-)
KDE is compiling only with the option -fsquangle and some fixes on the code and
the pykde stuff is not working with this option. So I have two versions of qt
and can't using kde with python, only the pyqt.

> Can't help you here. Are the standard Python
> things like Idle instable too? How about the standard Qt examples,
> i.e. how's the Qt tableview demo compared to the PyQt one?

Idle don't works, like the profiler. The table.py ist working. Only
application.py and desktop.py isn't. desktop.py produce the error:

X Error: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes) 8
  Major opcode:  2
Abort

and application.py is killed. Maybe it is QPixmap. My Application is killed to
if I use QPixmap in Python.

Qt is working fine under IRIX. We do many things with it.

Marco

PS Anyone know Python bindings for MICO?