List:       pyamf-users
Subject:    [pyamf-users] Error after upgrade
From:       lists () collab ! nl (Thijs Triemstra | Collab)
Date:       2008-05-23 0:26:52

Update on #282 (marked as closed now): PyAMF 0.2 ignored the
destination property of RemoteObject and didn't use it in the service
name. This now works as expected in 0.3.1 and produces the
"GenericDestination.getUser" service name instead of the old
"getUser". The puremvc example uses weborb, which handles RemoteObject
through xml configuration files, like coldfusion, blazeds and other
implementations do as well. We don't want to 'tie' you to those xml
files with PyAMF and require you set it up with python. For your
application I would suggest adding the 'GenericDestination' string to
your service name on the server side so you can safely upgrade to the
latest version (>= 0.3.1).

Cheers,

Thijs

[1] http://pyamf.org/ticket/282