List:       pyamf-announce
Subject:    [pyamf-announce] PyAMF 0.4rc3 released
From:       announce () pyamf ! org (announce () pyamf ! org)
Date:       2009-01-14 22:53:23

We're proud to announce a new release of PyAMF, a lightweight library
that allows Flash and Python applications to communicate via Adobe?s
ActionScript Message Format.
This is hopefully the last Release Candidate before we release 0.4
final. Changes since rc2 include:

  - Support for SQLAlchemy 0.5.0 (Ticket:436)

  - pyamf.util.DataTypeMixIn/cpyamf.util.BufferedByteStream can now
encode/decode 24bit un/signed integers. (Ticket:422)

  - pyamf.util.StringIOProxy/cpyamf.util.BufferedByteStream both have
new consume methods that will chop of the tail of the stream (already
read stream). (Ticket:423)

  - Now checking for all types of supported xml lib types for
encoding, but will only use the first implementation for decoding
(Ticket:426)
  - fpconst dependancy is now only required if the platform requires
it (Ticket:356)
  - Decoding negative timestamps on certain platforms (namely Windows)
are now supported (Ticket:390)
For a detailed list of changes, see the change log [1].

To download this release either grab a compressed file [2], use
?easy_install -U pyamf? or grab the Subversion tag [3].

Cheers,

The PyAMF team

[1] http://pyamf.org/browser/pyamf/tags/release-0.4rc3/CHANGES.txt

[2] http://download.pyamf.org