List:       py2exe-users
Subject:    Re: [Py2exe-users] installation problems
From:       "Werner F. Bruhin" <werner.bruhin () free ! fr>
Date:       2011-09-01 13:01:15

Hi Karja,

On 09/01/2011 08:59 AM, katja wegner wrote:
> Hello,
>
> thanks. I solved the problem. I'm not allowed to include the
> sitepackage/numpy folder in the pythonpath.
>
> BUT I don't understand when I need to copy the microsoft visual c
> runtime dll as described on your tutorial website. The example
> works fine without the dll in the dist folder.

I assume you are referring to this tutorial:
http://www.py2exe.org/index.cgi/Tutorial

Are you testing on the same machine on which you created the dist
folder?  If yes, then it will work as the dll's were installed when you
installed Python or maybe already earlier by some other program which
uses MS Visual runtime stuff.

If you install on a "new/empty" machine then you can't count on having
these dll's present that is why one should include them or as an
alternative one could teach the installer to try to figure out if they
are already there and only install if they are not present.  I
personally don't know how to do that, so I take the easy route and just
install them within my application folder structure.

Werner