List:       pureftpd-list
Subject:    Re: [pure-ftpd] Pure-FTPd 1.0.23 has been released
From:       Scott Haneda <talklists () newgeo ! com>
Date:       2009-10-29 4:04:25

On Oct 28, 2009, at 7:14 AM, Frank Denis wrote:

>  Hi Scott,

Hello again, I think this may be the last time :)

> Le Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 09:09:47PM -0700, Scott Haneda ecrivait :
>> The FILES section does not seem to be replaced out with localstatedir
>>
>> FILES
>>       ${prefix}/etc/pureftpd.passwd
>>       ${prefix}/etc/pureftpd.pdb
>
>  Any autoconf expert out there?
>
>  As a workaround, you can specify --sysconfdir=/opt/local/etc (or
> whatever
> your base etc directory is).

This is working for me, and well, as far as I can tell, files are put
where I need them to be, and man pages are getting the correct path
treatment.

>> Is there any way to
>> define this location, to I can nearly store all in a pure-ftpd
>> directory in /opt/local/etc/pure-ftpd.
>
>  --sysconfdir=<path> is what you are looking for.

Same on this one, all seems to be working fine.  I made a very quick
test to install pure-ftpd on my local machine with the Mac OS X Mac
Ports Port Manger, and it went in clean, with mysql and tls support as
well.

I went ahead and used pure-pw to make a user, and fired it up, was
able to login, and ftp'd a 600MB file in and then deleted it.  ftp-
show worked, and I browsed all the man pages for url's and file paths
that may be wrong, all of which so far, seem correct.

While I understand you may not know the MacPorts port file structure,
there are many rather obvious spots.  If you have a chance, and would
not mind looking it over really really quick, that would be great.  I
am going to submit it later on this evening, once I make the sample
launchd plist items to get the starting user going.

Sample portfile
http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/340087/Drops/10.28.09/Portfile-dea0db16-205951.txt

Thanks for all your help on this one.