List:       pureftpd-list
Subject:    Re: [pure-ftpd] Data Transfer Quota
From:       Frank Denis <j () pureftpd ! org>
Date:       2009-10-21 16:14:38

  Hi,

  and sorry for the late answer.

Le Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 03:14:48PM -0300, Iván Raskovsky ecrivait :
> Hi. I've just installed Pure-FTPd I'm trying to figure out if it has
> some kind of total data transfered filter. I know it has UL/DL
> bandwith ratios in kb/s, but not total. The problem is I'm hosting the
> ftp server in a VPS and I have a transfer quota and wouldn't want to
> reach it.

  Version 1.0.24 will focus on logging, especially external logging (to
external scripts and to databases).

  Meanwhile, if you have a restriction on the number of bytes you can use
from your VPS, maybe you really should watch system counters instead of
relying on applications that don't know the gory details about what exact IP
traffic your server sent.

  It all depends on your OS, but you can usually look at how much bandwidth
your sent and received using ifconfig. Have something the keeps watching the
counters and send you an alert when you're about to blow your VPS quota.

  HIH,

     -Frank.