List:       pureftpd-list
Subject:    PureFtp Virtual Hosting
From:       "Damian Ioan" <damian.ioan () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-11-13 15:21:13

Hi,

I want to bring up 2 ftp servers on the same machine. The setup I want is this:

1st ftp server will be available on the intranet on a private IP
192.168.0.x and will have an anonymous account.
2nd ftp server will be available on the internet on a public IP and
the anonymous account will be disabled and I also want the option of
throttling.
The authentication is made using mysql databases.
I need those two servers in standalone mode.

I took the latest source code from pureftpd.org. I ran "configure
--with-mysql --with-cookies --with-quotas --with-virtualchroot" and
make. It compiled fine. The server works perfectly if I don't try to
bind it to an IP address. When I give it the "-S 192.168.0.x" option
the server refuses to start with the following error: "Unable to start
a standalone server: Cannot assign requested address". I've seen the
compile time option "--with-virtualhosts" but it doesn't seem to be
what I want.
I googled on the subject but no one came up with a setup that suits
me. They just left the server bind on all available addresses.

If anyone came across this problem and found a solution I would
appreciate the help.

--
All I know is that I like you. I have no taste, but I like you.