List:       pureftpd-list
Subject:    Re: [pure-ftpd] File name mangling with internet explorer as ftp
From:       Adam Tworkowski <atworkowski () masterfile ! com>
Date:       2007-02-22 15:15:18

Hi,

I just wanted to say that I have found out how to fix my issue.  My
accounts are LDAP based and files system user ACLs.  I am using an ftp
tree rather than /home.  To gain access to the /ftproot, users must be a
member of a certain group (Domain Users).

When files/directories use this same group (Domain Users), the file/dir
names have size and date embedded in their names (according to IE).  If
I change the group to anything else(?) the problem goes away.   I have
ruled out the group having a space in it.

So...I don't know what is causing this but I have found a satisfactory fix.

Adam