List:       puppet-dev
Subject:    [Puppet-dev] Gem dependency
From:       luke () madstop ! com (Luke Kanies)
Date:       2006-03-15 11:01:06

Hi,

Do you have Facter installed using a Gem or via some other mechanism?

The dependencies only check whether the required package is installed in the
same way as you're installing Puppet, so using a Gem means you need to have
installed Facter using a Gem.  If you did, then that's definitely a bug.

--
Basic research is what I am doing when I don't know what I am doing.
                  --Wernher von Braun