List:       publicfile
Subject:    Re: Newbie (possible) css/xhtml oddity..
From:       Rik Hemsley <rik () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-07-28 23:52:23

On Tuesday 29 July 2003 12:36 am, Angelica wrote:

> I wouldn't be surprised if I was missing something.

I'm not sure you are. I think there's some kind of bug in mozilla, or
publicfile is violating the HTTP RFC somewhere. I can't see anything wrong
with publicfile's response, but I never bothered reading the section about
'chunked' encoding, so perhaps it's that which confuses Mozilla. Do you have
problems on other pages (served by publicfile) when using Mozilla?

I investigated like this:

netcat -l -p 8000 > request
Tell mozilla to open http://localhost:8000/website/
Edit request and change the Server: line so it says lead.bsdwebsolutions.com
cat request | netcat lead.bsdwebsolutions.com 80 > publicfile_response
Edit request and change the Server: line so it says
lead.bsdwebsolutions.com:81
cat request | netcat lead.bsdwebsolutions.com 81 > apache_response

You may have to ctrl-c the request to apache, as it honours the keep-alive
request, which publicfile ignores.

I then read each file through, saw nothing, played with diff, still nothing
jumping out at me, sorry.

Rik