List:       publib
Subject:    Re: [PubLib] Study Room Reservations
From:       Meg VanPatten <megv () BVILLE ! LIB ! NY ! US>
Date:       2018-05-25 14:13:09

Before subscribing to Library Insight we used a notebook where there was a sheet for \
each day and it was broken into rows of one out time blocks and columns with the each \
column representing a room.  We only booked the meeting rooms not the study rooms. \
The study rooms were always 1st come 1st served.

In our old building where we had just one room there was a large calendar that had \
one month per page on the wall behind the circ desk and all room bookings were \
written on that calendar.  In all cases one or two people were in charge of signing \
folks up for the room.  We did the same in the new building, and still do it in terms \
of confirming when folks request a room, to be sure that the request was in line with \
the policy.

In all cases if someone came in to use a meeting room right away they have to ask at \
the desk first.

On rare occasion we would need to use a study room and we would put a sign on the \
door that morning stating that the room was not available during ?? to ?? time.  \
Other than that we always say the study rooms are first come first wever and they \
cannon be booked.

Margaret (Meg) Van Patten

Director

Baldwinsville Public Library