List:       publib
Subject:    Re: [PubLib] Facebook accounts for multi-branch systems
From:       Carol Coffey <ccoffey () CALS ! ORG>
Date:       2015-08-31 20:41:14

We have a main library and 13 locations, all of which have their own Facebook \
accounts.  We also have separate accounts for some of our specialized departments at \
Main Library, including Youth Services, Teens, Local History/Special Collections, and \
Computer classes.  Our service areas are all very different from one another, and \
there is no way we could possibly do justice to our wide variety of programs and \
services with one account.  We do have a system-wide account that focuses on system \
programming and resources, such as our downloadables and databases, and also \
highlights services and programs at all the locations.  As you can imagine, there is \
also a lot of sharing and cross-pollination among the pages.  It works for us.

Thanks,
Carol

Carol Coffey
Head of Library Resources and Digital Services
Central Arkansas Library System
100 Rock St.
Little Rock, AR 72201
501.918.3008