List:       publib
Subject:    [PubLib] Banned Books Week Webinar
From:       Kristin Pekoll <kpekoll () ALA ! ORG>
Date:       2015-08-25 15:21:45

Excuse the cross posting. Please share!

The Office for Intellectual Freedom is hosting a webinar next week to prepare for \
Banned Books Week. To Register: http://www.ala.org/advocacy/before-the-mud-flies

BEFORE THE MUD FLIES:
Millie Davis from the National Council of Teachers of English and our own BBW expert, \
Nanette Perez will share practical ways to prepare your colleagues for Banned Books \
Week. Not everyone is familiar with the First Amendment, the Library Bill of Rights \
and the rights librarians defend. Banned Books Week is a time to celebrate our \
freedom and our love for books. By taking a few thoughtful steps to prepare those \
around you, it doesn't have to be a controversial or negative experience.

Join us TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 1 @ 3pm CST
(Banned Books Week is September 27 - October 3, 2015. \
www.ala.org/bbooks<http://www.ala.org/bbooks> \
#bannedbooksweek<https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&vertical=default&q=%23bannedbooksweek&src=typd>)

Kristin

Kristin Pekoll, Assistant Director