List:       publib
Subject:    [PubLib] Nominate an Innovative, Risk-taking, Change Agent Public Library Director for PLA's Charlie
From:       Skip Auld <ranganathanlib () YAHOO ! COM>
Date:       2014-10-29 20:47:25

Hello:
Do you know or work for a publiclibrary director who is a risk taker, an innovator, \
or a change agent? If youdo, we want you to submit an online nomination for that \
person for PLA'sCharlie Robinson Award.

This award honors a public librarydirector who, over a period of at least seven (7) \
years, has been a risk taker,an innovator, and/ or a change agent in a public \
library. The recipient shouldhave been active in national and other professional \
associations and be knownfor developing and implementing programs which are \
responsive to the needs ofcommunity residents. The award was established in 1997 and \
consists of $1,000and a gift to the librarian. The public library director will be \
honored at theALA Annual Conference in June in San Francisco.  When you nominate, \
you'll answerthese questions at http://www.ala.org/pla/awards/apply:   ·              \
How has the nominee been a risktaker, an innovator and a change agent in a public \
library? ·                What is the impact of their work? ·                What \
professional positions has thenominee held that relate to the purpose and criteria of \
the award? ·                Please list any books, papers,articles, etc., prepared by \
the nominee relevant to the criteria for thisaward. ·                What are some \
examples ofoutstanding relevant service activities performed by this nominee, \
includingparticipation in ALA, PLA and other national or state associations? Please \
forward this message to anyone you think may want to nominate someone. Or nominate \
someone yourself! Thank you!!!

Skip Auld
Anne Arundel County Public Library & Chair, Charlie Robinson Award Jury

cc: Charlie Robinson Award Jury members (Louise Svehla, Rebecca Rasnic, Sue Epstein, \
Greta Southard, Julianna Kloeppel)

> Apply for PLA Awards | Public Library Association (PLA)Apply for Public Library \
> Association (PLA) Awards |
> >
> View on www.ala.org | Preview by Yahoo |

     Hello,
The Charlie Robinson Award Jury is charged   "To select annually the recipientof the \
Charlie Robinson award to honor a public library director who, over aperiod of at \
least seven years, has been a risk taker, an innovator, and/ or achange agent in a \
public library. The recipient should have been active innational and other \
professional associations and be known for developing andimplementing programs which \
are responsive to the needs of community residents."– The award consists of $1,000 \
and a gift to the librarian. The public librarydirector will be honored at the ALA \
Annual Conference. Established in 1997.  Anyonewishing to nominate someone will \
answer these questions at the onlineapplication on the PLA website:  ·                \
How has the nominee been a risk taker, aninnovator and a change agent in a public \
library? ·                What is the impact of their work? ·                What \
professional positions has the nominee heldthat relate to the purpose and criteria of \
the award? ·                Please list any books, papers, articles, etc.,prepared by \
the nominee relevant to the criteria for this award. ·                What are some \
examples of outstanding relevantservice activities performed by this nominee, \
including participation in ALA,PLA and other national or state associations?  \
Nominations are due by December 1, however thedeadline may be extended - Please go to \

Post to publib@oclc.org
To drop or change your list settings
http://listserv.oclc.org/scripts/wa.exe?REPORT
List archives at