List:       publib
Subject:    [PubLib] Youth Services Librarian Opening - NH
From:       Heather Rainier <hshumway () HOOKSETTLIBRARY ! ORG>
Date:       2014-10-29 16:08:08

Complete posting (including photos) available at:
http://www.hooksettlibrary.org/about-us/employment-opportunities/

JOB OPENING October 2014

Youth Services Librarian (Department Head position), Hooksett Public Library

The Hooksett Library seeks an energetic, innovative, and motivated
individual who is interested in joining our team.  We seek a leader who
loves children and is passionate about providing library services to youth.
We are looking for an organized professional to deliver quality programs for
youth ages newborn to teen, and to maintain an outstanding youth collection.
Will you be the one to help create a five star Youth Services Department?
If so, join our 2013 NH Library of the Year!

The Youth Services Librarian will act as the department head of the Youth
Services Department work closely with the part-time Children's Assistant to
plan, execute and evaluate programming, such as the Summer Reading Program,
ongoing storyhours, school vacation week programs and much more.  The Youth
Services Librarian will also work cooperatively with the Library Director
and all other library staff to ensure the delivery of consistent and quality
library services to the Hooksett community as an active member of the
library management team.

Considerable professional experience serving children, young adults, and
families, including materials selection, reference and reader's advisory,
planning and producing programs, and publicity materials, is required.
Three years progressive professional library experience including
supervisory experience of paraprofessional staff and volunteers. MLS from
ALA-accredited library school with a concentration in youth services or a
comparable combination of related education (Master's Degree) and experience
will be considered.

Beginning salary $39,000.00 - $44,000.00 commensurate with experience.
Excellent benefits package.

Full job description available at
http://www.hooksettlibrary.org/about-us/employment-opportunities/

To apply, please submit resume, cover letter and portfolio to Heather
Rainier, Library Director, Hooksett Library, 31 Mt. St. Mary's Way,
Hooksett, NH 03106 hshumway@hooksettlibrary.org

Review of applications will take place beginning November 21, 2014. Position
open until filled.  EOE

Heather

Heather Shumway Rainier

Library Director